Apollo Theatre Rules
1. No weapons allowed. Period.
2. Outside food and beverages are forbidden. We strive to provide great food and cold and hot beverages at our concession stand. This policy will be strictly enforced. The management reserves the right to confiscate and dispose of outside concessions. An exception will be made for medical reasons.
3. Cell phones are strictly prohibited in the auditorium rooms during showtime. If the patron violates this rule two times during their stay in the theatre room, the patron will have the option of having their cell phone confiscated and held for pickup after the show at the concession stand, or to be ejected from the theatre property. If the patron is a minor, the cell phone will be held at the concession stand for pickup by a parent/legal guardian. Depending on the severity of the situation, the cell phone may be confiscated at the first warning.
4. The backs of the seats in front of you are not your personal footrests, particularly when people are occupying those seats. Be advised also that when you nudge, kick, or jiggle the seat in front of you, it annoys everyone sitting in that row even if that particular seat is empty. This is not tolerable and will result in your expulsion from the theatre after three warnings.
5. Backpacks and duffel bags are not permitted in the theatre room auditoriums. We ask for you to leave these items in your vehicle. If that option is unavailable, we will hold them behind our concession stand for pickup after the movie. We reserve the right to examine large bags and purses before entry is permitted in the auditorium. An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection for this purpose.
6. Patrons arriving late to the movie may be ushered into the theatre room to find their seats. Admittance will no longer be permitted thirty minutes after the movie’s start time as it is disturbing to the patrons already watching the movie to have large groups of people walk the aisles. If too many people arrive late for a particular show, this time is admissible to change for said show. If the patron has already purchased a ticket, but has left the theatre building for a period of longer than thirty minutes, they will not receive re-entry into the building again despite having a ticket. They will not receive a refund. An exception will be made in the case of an emergency.
7. Please be considerate of those around you while in attendance of the movie. Keep voices or other noises low enough as to not disturb others.
8. Due to operational costs we ask for a minimum of six patrons to run each show. If we do not receive enough patrons and are unable to show the movie, any patrons who paid for that venue will receive a full refund. If the movie is longer we may require a higher minimum.
9. Parents: You are responsible for your children. Please keep visual contact of your children at all times. Children will talk during children’s movies, that is expected. A child in a more adult movie must be quiet in consideration to the rest of the audience.
10. STANDARD RATED R POLICY (This policy is subject to change due to the severity of the movie.))
• Patrons ages 14 through 16 wishing to attend an R-rated movie MUST bring in a note signed by a parent or legal guardian 21 years or older or have a parent or legal guardian 21 years or older come into the theatre to give permission. No admittance otherwise. Parents cannot give permission for children that are not their legal responsibility. If the child does not have a note signed by a parent/legal guardian when they come to purchase a ticket, their only option thereafter is to have the parent/legal guardian come into the theatre to give permission. A note will not be accepted at this point. No admittance otherwise. NO EXCEPTIONS. We will not accept permission over the phone.
• Patrons ages 11 through 13 wishing to attend an R-rated movie MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian 21 years or older. No admittance otherwise. Parents cannot give permission for children that are not their legal responsibility. Patrons under the age of 21 cannot stand guardian for younger children. If the patron 21 years or older attending the movie with the younger child is not the child's parent or legal guardian, then the child must bring in a note signed by the parent/legal guardian or the parent/legal guardian must come into the theatre to give permission. We will not accept permission over the phone. If the child does not have a note signed by a parent/legal guardian when they come to purchase a ticket, their only option thereafter it to have the parent/legal guardian come into the theatre to give permission. A note will not be accepted at this point. No admittance otherwise. The parent or guardian must accompany and sit with the 11 through 13 year old in the auditorium. The parent/guardian and the minor will be ejected from the premises if these stipulations are not followed. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• Children 10 and under will NOT be permitted to attend an R-rated movie under ANY circumstances, even with a parent/guardian! NO EXCEPTIONS! They do not have the psychological development to comprehend many if not all situations portrayed in R-rated movies. We are complied to follow the official MPAA guidelines and standards.
11. The recording of copyrighted material is illegal. No cameras, video, or audio recording devices are permitted on the premise. Piracy is a serious federal offense punishable by federal laws. This act will not be tolerated on the theatre property. The attendant reserves the right to inspect any device if the patron is suspected of any recording. The violators will be ejected from theatre property after all recordings have been confiscated for evidence. Authorities will be contacted and charges will be filed.
12. Profanity, disorderly conduct or any act of vandalism will not be tolerated. Violators will be ejected from theatre property. Defiant trespass charges will be filed with the local police for any patron(s) refusing to leave theatre property.
13. If there are two or more of you in your group, and you arrive late and the theatre is packed, you will not expect people who are already seated to split up or move so that you can all sit together. If you buy advanced tickets, the tickets guarantee you seats, but not seats adjacent to each other. Arrive early, or expect to sit apart. A refund on your ticket will not be given because you sit apart from your group.
14. Entering the theatre without purchasing a ticket is illegal. This theatre will file theft of services charges with the local police for all persons entering without purchasing a ticket.
15. No refunds. Just like concerts, sporting events, etc. The only exception to this policy would be an event that would prevent the continued projection of the film. If such an event would occur, we would issue a re-admission pass.
16. No shoes, No shirt, No service! State and local health codes require shirts and shoes to be worn to enter the concession center and restrooms. Shoes must be worn at all times while on theatre property.
17. According to local police curfew, during a special event lockdown, all patrons seventeen and younger must remain inside the theatre from 11:00PM until the end of the event. Patrons eighteen and older have the right to leave the theatre, but will receive no re-admission. If you leave the theatre property you must purchase another ticket to re-enter. Emergency exceptions do apply.
18. Alcohol, cigarettes, electric cigarettes, vapors, illicit drugs, and other such paraphernalia are not permitted on the theatre property. This includes alcohol and drug induced behavior. Violators will be ejected from the theatre property immediately.
19. Laser pointers are strictly prohibited. Violators will be ejected from theatre property immediately.
20. Glow sticks and blowing bubbles are prohibited from the property. Parents or guardians are asked to keep these away from children in their personal bags until after the show.
21. Throwing food or other object is strictly prohibited. Violators will be ejected from theatre property immediately.
The Apollo Theatre of St. Marys will not be held responsible for:
Lost or stolen item.
Damage to personal property.
Personal injury resulting from altercations between patrons.
While on theatre property.
Please use common sense and common courtesy at all times.
These rules may change due to the discretion of the attendant due to the situation or severity of the situation.